Sunday, September 14, 2014

Welcome to our Family Blog!

Hey everyone,

As many of you probably know, I write a public blog together with my teacher friend, Meaghan.  That blog (taleoftwoteachers.com) is strictly about all things education...most of the time.  Over the past year and a half I've grown to adore blogging because I think it's a really neat way to reach people far and wide, while sharing and connecting with the world.

We have chosen to keep our baby off of social media until he/she is born.  Yes, we will post some photos to Facebook/Instagram, but our intention is to have most of our photos and updates on this blog.  Many people have asked us WHY we chose to do this and we don't really have a concrete answer.  All we know is that all too often things can go wrong with public social media and while we don't undermine Facebook's awesomeness (most of the time), we'd rather have a private, secure place to share family photos and stories with the people who are genuinely interested in our family adventures and updates.  That being said, this is a private blog.  Readers (i.e. YOU!) must have an account to log in and see our posts/write comments, etc.  Readers also must be "approved" by us, the authors, so even if something from this blog were to be shared on public social media, no one else would be able to see it.  We like that this blogging adventure will be private and secure.

So, without further ado, welcome to our family blog! Check back often for updates and photos! We will try to post as often as we can.


Here is a crummy iPhone photo of me at 27 weeks (or "almost 7 months", since I find counting in weeks to be somewhat exhausting and way too mathematical).  


This 27th week (or end of the 6th month) has been the most "pregnant feeling" week for me so far.  A few months ago that lulu shirt I'm wearing in the above photo just made me look...fat.  But now, man, that baby sure fills it up!  I've gained about 23 pounds so far and last night I said out loud to Joel, "I am never allowed to gain this much weight in real life" (pregnancy = not real life, obviously, just a little hiatus from real life).  My hands are fat.  I had to shelve my real rings and dig out my fake engagement ring last week (it's about 3 sizes too big for me in real life).  My feet are fat.  One of the perks of this teacher strike is that I haven't had to wear close toed shoes since mid-June; therefore, flip flops have been my go to.  I will probably cry when I have to shove my feet into real shoes.  This week I've been hungry and thirsty constantly, which will probably continue and get more intense as this baby starts to pack on the pounds!  My favourite this to do these days is sit still and feel baby move around, until it kicks my belly button, which feels like it's being tarred and quartered - ugh.  Joel's fav thing to do these days is dig ditches and paint trim (ha! maybe not his fav...)

We have an ultrasound coming up this week to get the spine photos our midwives need (baby was too stubborn to roll over at the last ultrasound).  At the upcoming ultrasound the tech will also check out the placement of the placenta, since last time it was low lying.  Stay tuned for that update.

Much love,
k&j&baby



No comments:

Post a Comment