Monday, September 15, 2014

The Stuff

So I officially haven't worked in over three months (thank you, teacher strike).  The financial piece of this scenario isn't cool, but the tons and tons and tons of time piece of this situation has been so awesome.  A lot of people have asked me what I did this summer, which causes me to think deeply and reply, "Nothing". 

But that's not true.  Here's photo evidence from my phone as to what I've been doing in the past three months:

The Bob.  Four years ago two of our friends were having their first babies.  We learned all about The Bob back then and have been blessed with a super top-notch second hand Bob from our friends, Paul & Jen.  We got a smokin' deal on this stroller and we can't wait to use it in the forest trails behind our house!

The car seat.  So...since The Bob is a 4.5 year old stroller (which in stroller years is like, retro-chic) we had an extremely limited choice of car seats.  After HOURS of online research I finally found a car seat that would work for our stroller; however, the next challenge was finding one that would ship within Canada.  We couldn't just go to the store and buy a car seat because remember, our stroller is retro-chic.  Anyhow, Sears pulled through and delivered the car seat right on time.  Now we just have to figure out how to connect it to the stroller?
I've been planning this baby room in my head since the moment we took possession of our house.  It's not nearly close to being done yet, so all you get is this little sneak peak :)
We had a baby shower here in Victoria and it was awesome! I think about 30 people attended and the whole event was just so, so lovely.  The theme was "travel" and people blessed us with so. many. gifts.  We also did yoga.
It's too early to say whether we will put our child in French Immersion school or not, but we do plan to raise this baby with a solid understanding of three languages (English/French/German) (German school on Saturdays - hello!) This bilingual version of Cat in the Hat is a perfect addition to our ever growing children's library!
Those who voted "boy" at the baby shower.
And those who voted "girl".
Baby socks serve as excellent toe warmers for Joel.  I'm constantly praying for a small baby you guys, but I just don't think it's gonna happen.
I was training for a half marathon when I found out I was pregnant.  A small hemorrhage at week 7 of this pregnancy caused a huge scare and I decided to stop all running training.  I've been missing running like CrAzY and have essentially turned into a blob again.  Recently I've finally found my way back into the forest behind our house and have been reunited with my RunKeeper app...but it's all walking now.  My good friend (who is due with her 2nd in early October) and I signed up for the 2015 lululemon Seawheeze half marathon, so I expect to get back at running around February-ish.


If this teacher strike continues for much longer, guaranteed baby stuff photo updates will be happening, I promise!

xxk&j&baby

No comments:

Post a Comment